Thursday, March 4, 2010

My All-time favourite songs

Listening to one of my favourite english songs from the 80s, on my laptop today, I thought, which are my most favourite songs of all-time? Songs which have an everlasting melody, songs that you can listen to anytime regardless of your mood, songs which have you singing along every time you listen to them, songs which remind you of the good times in your life, or some not so good times for that matter. 

Everybody changes with time and so does their taste in music. People love catchy, fast, foot-tapping numbers when they are young and as they grow old, deep, meaningful, often poignant songs start appealing to them more. There are exceptions to this of course. I know somebody who is just 24 but has a great liking for Ghazals and old sad hindi songs. Her father on the other hand, somewhere in his late 50s, is crazy about Himesh Reshammiya's music and can't get enough of it ! But if you ask anyone, young or old, male or female, almost everybody has a collection of songs which remain right up there on their 'most listened-to songs playlist', so to speak. Like everybody else, I have such a collection as well. These are my are my top ten all time favourite songs, as of now, in random order:


  • Tujhse naraaz nahin (Masoom)
  • Choo kar mere man ko (Yaaraana)
  • Zara zara (Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein)
  • Yeh haseen vadiyaan (Roja)
  • Music of the night (Michael Crawford)
  • Pehla nasha (Jo jita wahi sikandar)
  • When you say nothing at all (Ronan Keating)
  • Life for rent (Dido)
  • We are the world (Various Artists)
  • Unbreak my heart (Toni Braxton)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

other than 5 & 10, all others come up in my favs too.... :-)