Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Food for thought



It annoys me like hell that I can't eat most things I love, because of this stupid migraine. Migraines tend to be very depressive and when people are depressed, they like to eat good food, and by good food I mean of course, chocolates, pizzas and ice creams. But I can't have any of those because they all trigger my headaches, some of them more badly than others. Just to give you an idea of all the great stuff I have to miss out on, here is a short list:

  1. Chocolates
  2. Most dairy products including cheese, curd, yogurt and sometimes even milk
  3. Pizzas(because of the cheese content)
  4. Ice Cream
  5. All kinds of nuts including cashews, almonds, peanuts
  6. Anything with nuts
  7. Fizzy drinks
  8. Oranges, including orange juice
  9. Lemon juice
  10. Chinese food, especially noodles(because of MSG)
  11. Maggi Noodles
  12. Kurkure
  13. Tomatoes, including tomato ketchup
Plus I get headaches from eating spicy food. There are many more things which give me headaches, but I can't remember them right now. There are other foods which don't exactly give me headaches but I still can't eat them because I'm on anticoagulation therapy. These are foods rich in vitamin K, such as cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, green salads, and others. Also, I recently learned that I can't eat too many mangoes because mangoes potentiate or enhance the effect of anticoagulants. All this makes me wonder what I can actually eat. It's just frustrating. 

No comments: